Sunday 3 August 2014

When you're weary

Doesn't it seem like all the negatives come at once?

It's like a barrage of squashed tomatoes being thrown at you.

But nothing is too big for God you try to tell yourself.  Well of course this is true but I'm not God am I.  

But you are a believer, that means Jesus lives in you so you are filled with the same power that is God.

Hmmm.....

Well I don't feel very powerful.  I feel sad.  I feel like I do nothing right.  I feel like crying.

So cry out to the Lord, He is your vindicator.

But it won't do any good.  There's too much stuff, too many little things.  I can't ask God to sort everything out.  I have to do it myself.

Wrong.  Surrender everything to Him who loves us.  

I know I'm loved, I'm not depressed.  It's just that it's so unfair.  I just want to live my life in faith and not have to deal with all this rubbish that other people's prejudice, judgements, insecurities and lack of intelligence throw in my face.

So now who's judging?  Where's your forgiveness?  Has anyone done or said anything in an act of malice?  If so, forgive them.  Love your enemies.

No one has done anything to upset me deliberately.  It's not even just about things that have been said to me.  No one is actually criticising me for anything.  

Well, what is this all about then? 

It all seems silly now.  I kind of feel embarrassed to talk about it.

Well don't worry about it.  If you're feeling these emotions then bring them before God.  Ask God to renew your mind.  Remember everything that God has done in your life.  
That should put things in perspective.  If someone is questioning your beliefs, your understanding, your discernment, your wisdom, your faith even, then immerse yourself in the Word of God.  Live in the knowledge that the Kingdom of God is within you. You will be sanctified by your faith.

"They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. "Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth." As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.…"
John 17:16-18

Therefore hold fast to the Word of God and you will know the truth.  Allow the Holy Spirit to lead you in all ways.  And remember that you are not of the world and yet you live in the world.  
"Let no weapon formed against you prosper and refute any tongue that rises against you". Isaiah 54:17




So when you're weary and weak from the fight, turn to God.  He is your vindicator, He will renew your mind, He is the way, the truth and the life.  For when you are weak He is strong. His power is made perfect in your weakness.

'And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.'
2Corinthians 12:9-10

Be thankful in all things and when it seems as if you are being overcome with things of the world remember that Christ has overcome the world and that we are more than conquerors through Him who loves us.















In Jesus' name,

Amen.



2 comments:

  1. So true. He is the only strength within me - He is my purpose every day.

    ReplyDelete