Tuesday 12 August 2014

Prayer Works!

Sometimes when we receive prayer for healing, Praise God, we are miraculously healed.

Sometimes we are not, but we should still Praise Him!  We don’t worship God because of what He has done for us personally, or at least that shouldn’t be the main reason.  We worship Him because He is our God, our creator, the creator of all things, who made us in His own image.

I don't think it's  that God doesn’t want to heal us, or that He can’t hear our prayer. 

He loves us, we are His children.

We will never understand why some people get healed and not others.  

I can only say that whenever I receive prayer for healing something happens.  It isn’t always what I ask for, but God has His own way of answering our prayers, it is not for me to tell the Almighty how to do His job.

God doesn’t always heal the part of us that we think needs healing.  Maybe we have a physical need for healing but God can see that inside us we are more in need of emotional healing.

When I first felt the touch of God was on February 4th, as detailed in a previous blog, when my dear friends Basie and Zurika prayed over me for my back pain and I was instantaneously healed.  In fact, not only my back recovered!  All pain, psychological and physical left my body in that moment.

Since that time many people have prayed with me for my voice problem to be resolved, since I badly lost my voice shortly after this time whilst I was wrestling with my demons; literally and metaphorically speaking.

Since coming to Detling and attending the healing sessions my voice has improved.  Normally after a worship service at my church I would totally lose my voice and yet, here I am, having been singing out my praises to our great and glorious God at least twice a day for almost four days and I haven’t lost my voice.  I still don’t have the clear treble sound and the power in the upper register of my old voice, but, as many people have said to me, perhaps God wants me to sing a new song.

Even if my voice never fully returns I shall continue to praise and worship our awesome God and to pray as much and as often as I can for I want to know God more and more and through knowing Him, I can grow in His love.  God has answered so many of my prayers, in ways I never would have thought possible but now I see "nothing is impossible with God."  Luke 1:37




Dear Lord,


In a world with so much suffering, so much disease, so much torment.

I ask you to turn this suffering into compassion, sorrow into joy, and pain into comfort for all your children Lord. May we continue to trust in your goodness and hope in your faithfulness, even in the midst of our suffering. Let us be filled with patience and joy in your presence as we wait for your healing touch.
Please restore all those that are suffering in body, mind or spirit to fullness of health, Father God. Remove all fear and doubt from our hearts by the power of your Holy Spirit, and may you, Lord, be glorified through the power of your healing touch.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment