Saturday 23 August 2014

Beyond inspiration

So you're feeling inspired.  Great.  Such an awesome feeling!

But do you do anything with it?  Or do you just sit on it and not accomplish anything with it for fear of failure?

Inspiration is a wonderful thing but if, when you start out on your inspired journey, you get beaten down, held back, dismissed or even rejected do not be overcome.  For though "we are troubled and oppressed in every way, we are not cramped or crushed; we suffer embarrassments and are perplexed and unable to find a way out, but are not driven to despair; we are pursued and persecuted but not deserted to stand alone".  2 Corinthians 4:8-9

"For His strength is made perfect in our weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

When my job finished at the British School I could have seen it as a terrible time in my life, a time of fear and uncertainty,  but instead I can look on it that I am now fully released to pursue the plan that God has revealed for my life.

Since I began this most wondrous stage of my life, my walk with Christ, God has given me many revelations.  

The most amazing moment was when I received this word so full of power and creativity; a word that has come to be the focus of my work, both in the world and for the eternal Kingdom.

As you will probably have guessed, the word is "inspire".


God has inspired me to do many things over the past few months including this blog which I write on an almost daily basis.  My original intention was to write every day but when it becomes an obsession it becomes an idol and therefore what begins as a means to glorify God becomes a detraction and a distraction.  

I always have so much to say, so much to write.  But this must never be at the expense of my personal relationship with our Lord and Father which must always remain central to all I do.  

As ever my focus will be to worship God and to walk with Him in His perfect will and everything I do will be in pursuit of this.  

My hope is that the Inspire project will be all things to all people.  

It will be an arts centre offering music, drama and art activities and classes to children, adults, teens, mums and babies and family and corporate workshops.



Our website is still under construction so please visit our Facebook page for more information or contact inspirebahrain@gmail.com



We will also be hosting an awesome festival from 10th-18th October which will feature art workshops led by renowned artist Duncan Stewart, musical and choral celebrations and concerts, services, talks, dance workshops, a barn dance and an art exhibition featuring local artists.

Please contact inspirebahrain@gmail.com
for more information on any event or to submit a piece for the exhibition which should be based around the theme "inspire".



If you think you aren't creative and this isn't for you then think again.  Unleash your creativity.  Be inspired....


Dear Lord,

Today I want to give thanks for those who acknowledge and enjoy their creative selves and share their gifts of creativity with others.  I thank you that our creativity connects us with you, our awesome God, for You are the ultimate Creator.  Hence, if, as we believe, we are created in the image of You, our great and glorious God, then it is only natural that we embrace our own capacity to be creative.

Thank you Father God that we are all creators at our very core.  Help us to understand how creating can make us happy and fulfilled as we live out your purpose for our lives.  For in creating we become co-creators in partnership with You who inspire us daily when we are filled with the Holy Spirit, the breath of God.  So I pray that we will all be inspired, it’s what we were created to be, to live in the inspiration of the Word breathed out by God. 

In Jesus’ name,

Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment