Monday 11 August 2014

Crazy love

Today I want to start with a prayer because I want to thank God for the love that surrounds me.

Dear Lord,

Creator of all things, you made the moon and the stars, the universe eternal, and yet you made us.  You made us in your image that we might love you and have eternal life through the ultimate sacrifice of your son, Jesus Christ, our Saviour.

We are not worthy to come before you but through your perfect love we are set free.  Not only free from sin, free from fear, free from all that threatens to overcome us.  We are made free, free to live free, to go anywhere, do anything.  

For "it is for freedom that Christ has set us free" (Galatians 5:1), and we give you thanks and praise for this Father God.  We thank you Jesus for the limitless freedom that you have given us through your perfect sacrifice on the cross, the license you have given us to achieve everything in your glorious name that you have predestined us to achieve.  

We thank you that through the gift of love we are free from fear because "there is no fear in love. Perfect love drives out fear." 1John 4:16

I pray Father God, that you will send your Holy Spirit as a constant reminder of your love, that just as Jesus promised, we will never be alone because  "the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

I pray Lord that your Word will remain hidden in my heart from this day forward and that by constant prayer and studying the Word, my life will be filled with the perfect love that comes only from you for "whoever lives in love, lives in God, and God in them".  1John 4:16

In Jesus' Name I pray,

Amen.



The love I have experienced from the total strangers that surround me here at Detling is phenomenal.  It's crazy love!  

Having arrived only yesterday, knowing no-one except my three year old son, Xavier, I have been welcomed and accepted by everyone without exception.  

This love can only come from Jesus.  The love of God that is inside us all when we give our lives to Christ.  

I am so happy that I have come here.  

Thank you everyone for all your prayers, words of encouragement and most of all your love.

Tomorrow, in honour of God's perfect, crazy love I will wear this T-shirt!




No comments:

Post a Comment