Thursday 24 July 2014

A summer's day!

Well here we are.  

On the internet again, but this time I'm taking advantage of our glorious English summer.  





In the garden on the computer......  a slightly strange idea of technology and nature connecting in a bizarre whirlpool of cyber magic intertwined with an endless vine twisting and turning from one side of the planet to the other, stretching out across the vast expanse of our infinite universe enters my mind.   


Is it a blessing or a curse?  The internet I mean......  technology..... how far should we let it into our lives, how much should we allow it to influence our decisions, our goals?


Surely it can be whatever we make it.....


For we are created in the image of our great and glorious God and therefore we are also created to be creators.  


So let's get to it.  Let's create.


Using all the gifts bestowed on us by our gracious heavenly Father.


If it's technology that inspires you then use it.  Use it to glorify God.  





Let's be inspired by whatever inspires us.  


To be inspired is the greatest form of inspiration.


To inspire is to make someone want to do something; to give someone an idea about what to do or create; to cause something to happen or be created; to cause someone to have a feeling or emotion; to influence, move, or guide by divine or supernatural inspiration; to exert an animating, enlivening, or exalting influence on; to spur on, impel, motivate; to breathe or blow into or upon; to infuse (as life) by breathing; to communicate to an agent supernaturally.


I love the image of God inspiring us.  


The bible is the word of God, inspired by God or breathed out by God.  

As it says in 2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God" NKJ 
or "All scripture is breathed out by God" ESV or "All scripture is God-breathed" NIV

The Holy Spirit is described as the "breath of God" and therefore to ask for a daily infilling of the Holy Spirit is to ask for God's daily inspiration in your life.


As the text, images and sounds of these pages unfold I will share with you the exciting process of my spiritual enlightenment, from darkness to light as I personally became inspired by God.  


And if the inspiration just isn't coming then maybe you need to pray.  Prayer works.





This is the prayer I prayed today when my inspiration took a negative turn.


Dear Lord, my God, my Father in heaven,


I know you are greater than all things, greater than life itself, bigger than the jaws of death, you rule over all eternity, over infinity, over all that is comprehendible and over all that is beyond our understanding.


Let not my heart be troubled Lord, for you are above all things, for you have overcome the world.  In you I find my rest, in you alone I have peace.  For Jesus is living in me and I in Him, I am filled with His power, I am born of God and therefore I too have overcome the world, for we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.  


I believe and trust in you, my Lord and Master, I know you have plans to prosper me and not to harm me.  I repent of my inability to surrender everything to you, I repent of the remaining unforgiveness that clouds by life and I pray that you will uproot anything that is preventing me from living in accordance with your perfect will.  


I Praise you Lord, I bow down in thanks for the work you have done in my life.  I give you all the honour and all the glory for this indescribable gift, the gift of life, of eternal salvation within this great family of God, your everlasting Kingdom.


Again, I remind myself not to let my heart be troubled for you say that vengeance is yours and yours alone.  You will heap burning coals upon the heads of my enemies, you are my greatest advocate, my vindicator.  So I ask for your help, your strength, your comfort, your light to guide my way and to be a lamp for my feet. 


Come Holy Spirit, fill me with gentleness and forbearance that I may learn to love my enemies as you have commanded, that I may forgive them for all their iniquities, that I will have a heart of compassion and find the strength to pray for their salvation. 


Oh Father, I am overwhelmed by your love, your unfailing grace, the blessings you have bestowed upon me.  Let this love shine through me and into the hearts of everyone whom my life touches.  Let me be a light for others, may the glory of your Name be seen through my actions, words and deeds.  


May I speak life, life, and again, life to those that surround me, to those that terrify me and threaten to overcome me, to those that try to cloud my mind and obscure my judgement.  


When I cry out to you oh Lord, like a voice in the wilderness, you will hear my cry.  You will lift me out of the slimy pit, the mud and the mire and place my feet upon the rock that I may gain my footing once more.  


Give me wisdom, discernment and the mind of Christ, that I may choose my battles wisely and not be drawn away from your purpose for my life.


I pray for those who are walking with me at this crucial time in my life.  I thank you Father God, for placing me under their guiding hand and I pray that they will continue to be led by you Lord and that you will continue to fill us with your Holy Spirit and to protect us from harm by covering us with the precious blood of your Son, our Saviour Jesus Christ.  


I pray that we will continually seek you in all we do.  I pray for your presence in all meetings regarding our future plans and projects and that you will preside over the success of all areas of our spiritual, social and financial growth both in the church, in the community and indeed in our own daily lives.


In Jesus' name,


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment